Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ten Months Old

Her ten month close-up! It kind of looks like she's posing in this picture.
She's pulling up on EVERYTHING now.
Ellis was swallowed by a pink marshmallow...what can I say, it's cold here!
In this picture, she's rocking her head back and forth while I sing. (Just be glad it's not a video so you aren't forced to hear that.)
Bathtime beauty
Ellis turned ten months old today. We went to an indoor playground (because it was freezing outside and Boston is equipped for such occasions with indoor playgrounds) and she was pulling up on everything and crawling everywhere. This woman came in with her two children, one of whom was only a few weeks old. I looked at that baby and I couldn't imagine Ellis that small. I mean, I know it happened, but it just seems so distant. When I go into her room at night and I see that she's too long to sleep diagonally in her crib anymore, it's hard to believe she was ever the peanut that we brought home from the hospital ten short months ago.

To celebrate, we're counting down the top 10 things we love about Ellis. Here they are:

10. They way she sleeps with her tushie in the air and her arms tucked under her
9. Her sweet little voice asking "MamamaDadada?" when she wants one of us to come and get her in the morning
8. How when we get her out of her car seat she looks around at the new surroundings like "Who needs to see me?"
7. The way she drools in anticipation when Vimal is sharing his fruit with her
6. How she rocks her head from side to side when she hears music or wants us to sing for her
5. Her uninhibited, contagious laugh
4. The way she dances when her toys make music
3. The smell of her hair after a bath
2. How she stares at the CD player THE WHOLE TIME music is playing, as if she's looking for the people who are singing inside it to come out.
1. The way her eyes light up when we come into the room

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures, and I love the top ten list :) Now I want to make my list for Claire! She too always looks at the radio when we play music :) Man, Ellis looks so grown up in the standing picture! How did this happen so fast?!?

Kate Kendall

Anonymous said...

I can't believe my beautiful ellis is 10 months! Can't wait to see her again!

Pop

EllenMM said...

I hear Mopsy's voice in this list - or is it David Letterman?
Fun to read.