Monday, October 19, 2009

New Toys

Okay, so I'll admit it--I hate wintertime in Boston. I love the change of seasons, don't mind being cold, even enjoy a snow fall or two and all the hot chocolate that goes with it, but here in Boston it all just lasts way too long. And since having Ellis, my dislike for this season of cold has exponentially grown each year. I don't think I'm being unreasonable. Look at the date of this post and then think about the fact that it SNOWED yesterday. Our steps were slippery, our cars were covered, and it's October. Need I say more?!?

Anyways, in order to somewhat combat the impending doom (I'm being a little melodramatic here but did I say that it SNOWED in OCTOBER?), we have invested in some new toys for Ellis. I sold some of her old toys (sad) and we bought her a basketball goal, a table and chairs for tea parties, and Nonna got her a new kitchen. I am hoping that with the addition of these things, distractions for both of us, the fact that we can't go out to the park every day will not quite register for either of us.

So, I'm posting some videos and pictures of Ellis playing with her new toys. She loves the basketball goal and kitchen so much and I do too. Playing with her toys is kind of like being a kid again. And who knows, maybe seeing snow and playing in it with her will feel like being a kid again too. I doubt it, but what can I do but give it a try.

Old Kitchen
View of how small the old kitchen was
"What is happening here?"
Helping daddy put together the new kitchen
More help for daddy

Video of Ellis playing with the new kitchen


Here is Ellis playing basketball. "I did it!"

1 comment:

The Blackmons said...

OMG, this is the kitchen that we want to get for Baker for Christmas! Is it the one from Ikea? I love that it's not fru-fru like all of the other kitchens out there. It more or less blends in, as much as a kid kitchen can right? You'll have to let me know how Ellis likes it before we buy it. I love your old kitchen too! That was really cute. Poor Baker, he hasn't had a kitchen yet but it's on our list! That and a table set. Hope you guys are well! Ellis is a doll as always!