Monday, January 26, 2009

Birthday Party at Gymboree

Getting ready for her big birthday party. She's got the keys and is ready to go.
At Gymboree. No matter what kind of group activity we are in, Ellis always crawls to the middle of the circle. She's certainly not shy!
Going down the big slide with mommy and Miss Dara.
Claire going down the slide with her mommy and daddy.
Oliver and his daddy on the slide.
Group photo. All six of the kids are one year old now!
Party favors. I made the bags and was so proud of myself.
Six candles for six one year olds.
Mommy with Ellis who is in her party hat.
Bubble time.
I call Ellis and Oliver the "Hair Babies". They were both mesmerized by the bubbles!

As you can tell by the pictures, we had Ellis's first birthday party yesterday with all of her other one year old friends. Right after Ellis was born, I joined a New Mom's group and we met for the first six weeks of Ellis's life. I think I cried in there every week, since I felt so overwhelmed with new motherhood, but that group was such a help to me. We have kept in touch over the year, some more than others as is apt to happen in those situations, and decided to have a big birthday bash together. I think everyone had a great time, I know Ellis did, and it was so nice to see some of the women (and babies/toddlers) that I hadn't seen in months! It was also nice to see how confident and secure we all are compared to when we were in group together. Anyways, enjoy the pics. I'll hopefully be getting the proofs from the photo shoot that we had on Ellis's actual birthday and when I do I'll forward the link so you can check them out if you want. More soon...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting the photos and thanks again for arranging the party. It was a lot of fun! It was great to see you and Ellis. She's such a cutie!

The_Wilsons said...

I can't believe she is already 1 year old. Wow!

The Blackmons said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun too! We had a blast! Now we have birthday #2 to plan! :o) Hey, if we end up in NYC together, we should do a joint party!!

Anonymous said...

okay...i LOVE this blog.

It looks like Ellis had a blast :)

Anonymous said...

Ellis Kaye is quite simply the love of my life!

Pop