Sunday, May 17, 2009

Food!

So I wouldn't say that Ellis is a picky eater, but I would say that she is picky about the kinds of things that she likes to eat. She certainly doesn't like "normal" kid foods. For example, she won't touch chicken fingers, throws mac n' cheese on the ground, and don't even think about giving her a plain old French Fry. I know we should count our blessings that Ellis is a healthy eater. It is, after all, what we are trying to teach her from a very young age. But when we literally have to say to each other to "hide the veggies" or "don't let her drink that water", it just gets a little comical. So here is a video of Ellis eating the freeze-dried peas and corn that Vimal found at the neighborhood natural store, also known to us as the "hippy store". As you can tell, she's a huge fan since she keeps asking for "more, more". And for the record, for dinner the night I filmed this, she ate some kidney beans, about 10 spoonfuls of hummus with tahini, the corn and peas, and a little cheese. Vimal says that she eats like "someone who's trying to lose 20 pounds". Funny since that is, quite literally, all that she weighs.

2 comments:

The Blackmons said...

So cute! You know, she's really looking a lot like you Erin. She might have Vimal's skin, but she shares your facial features. I know you love that! And I love that she doesn't like the typical foods. Baker adores mac 'n cheese but is weird about meats too. He prefers soy and tofu nuggets...very odd kids we have. I've seen those freeze dried veggies before but not in DC. I'll have to look harder...great idea!

Sara Michelle said...

Yea, I need to know more about these freeze-dried veggies. Aletheia is picky, but not in the good sense. I am trying to get creative about it. Send any tips my way!!!