Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Steve and Colleen's Wedding (Portland, OR)

Last week we all flew to Portland, Oregon for our friend's wedding. I was a bridesmaid and Ellis was the ringbearer. Ellis did really well on the flights and she quickly adjusted to the 3 hour time change. While in Portland, Vimal went camping with the groomsmen (yes, you read that right--Vimal went camping) and, since my wonderful mother once again made the trip, I was able to go out for Colleen's bachelorette party! But of course, despite all that fun, Ellis ended up stealing the show in her white tuxedo on the day of the wedding. The venue was in an Arboretum and, despite the heat, the wedding was perfect. All in all, the trip was a great success. Seeing Steve and Colleen get married was also really wonderful for me because I witnessed their courtship from reconnection to wedding. I can honestly say that this couple is meant to be together!


Getting combed and ready for her big moment
Waiting for the wedding to start
Even the ring bearer needs a water break now and then
Holding the pillow and rings (fake rings, of course)
Colleen looked absolutely beautiful
The happy couple...I LOVE this picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy all four of you were there. It was such a whirlwind, I just wish I could have spent more time with you. Thank you so much for being a part of it all!

The Blackmons said...

OMG, I love that she wore a tux! Ellis has to be the cutest ring bearer ever!!