Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like "Sim-Sim"

This morning I decided to put up the ceramic Christmas tree that my grandmother made back in the 1960's. I remember, as a kid, staring at this tree for hours on end and being completely mesmerized by the lights at her house. A few months ago my mom brought it up to Boston when she came to visit and I was really looking forward to putting it out. Now that it's Thanksgiving week, it finally felt like a good time.

As you might imagine, Ellis was really excited to help put the lights on it. While we were decorating it, I told her that Mamaw (my grandmother) made it and that it was a Christmas tree. Let me just say that it's amazing to me the things she is remembering and repeating right now. This video shows how well she knows her colors now and that, after only telling her one time, she knew who had made it. Guess it really is time to start watching what I say around her...uh oh!

No comments: