Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nashville...Not Iowa

Listening to her Pop play a song
She likes being up this high
"Hi Mommy, I'm getting spoiled."
Time with her aunt Ila and cousin Nicholas
Burping for Nonna
Just hanging out on Nonna's porch...don't worry
I didn't let her sit there unattended.
She sure did love being outside on the porch!
Conversations and musing with her Uncle Bro
"Hi Mommy, I'm definitely getting spoiled over here."
"Flying and traveling is exhausting!"

Last week, Ellis and I were supposed to go to Iowa. My mom was going to join us, and I was going to take a writing class at the University of Iowa's Writing Workshop while she watched Ellis. I had been looking forward to this for months, but as you might have heard, Iowa (particularly Cedar Rapids where the campus is located) was under water. I pouted a bit, then I realized that the people there have it much worse than me, so I rebounded quickly and changed my flight to Nashville instead. I had to fly alone with Ellis, which was hectic, but all in all she did great. And, of course, my entire family was thrilled to spend a week with her. So, here are the photos from that week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The re-routing was a Divine Intervention....