Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Highchair Time

"I hope my parents read all of these instructions thoroughly before they gave me this paper."
"YUM...this paper tastes good."
"Hey! Where did the paper go?"
"Oh good, dinnertime. She's got the bowl ready."
"Hey, that's just an empty bowl!"
"Maybe there is some food on the other side."
"HEY! This bowl is empty!!!!"
"Seriously you guys, don't you see there is nothing in this bowl?"
"WHY AM I IN THE CHAIR IF THERE IS NO FOOD????????"
"Okay, fine, I'll just eat the bowl."

This past weekend Vimal and I finally bought Ellis a highchair. I have to admit that it took this long because I was waffling back and forth between one highly overpriced chair and another. After a day of actually going and seeing all of the super expensive versions, I realized that I definitely didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a highchair that would soon be coated in sweet potatoes and prunes. That being said, IKEA came to the rescue and sold this modern chair for less than the gas it took to get there! Ellis loves it, and I like how easy it is to clean. A perfect solution...

2 comments:

Falguni said...

She is toooo cute!! I saw this on tv today for the american baby cover contest and you need to enter her in this contest. Here is the link:

http://www.parents.com/app/sharemy/searchResults.jsp?_requestid=1349205

The_Wilsons said...

OK. Since I just figured out how to add other favorite blogs to my dashboard on Robert's blog, I can easily see when you have added new updates. A highchair. How exciting! She is so big. I really hope we can see you at Christmas time!