Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Pictures coming soon...

Well, we just got back from our 10 day trip to Los Angeles, and we came home to no internet service and no cable. (Right now, as I write this, I am using my laptop and stealing internet from my downstairs neighbors...shhhhhh!) Anyways, we all had a great time. I was a little nervous about being on a plane for over 5 hours with Ellis, but she didn't cry once. We were also really lucky because, even though we hadn't splurged for an extra seat for Ellis, both ways the plane wasn't full so we scored one for free! We were able to take our car seat on, and Ellis was able to nap and play in her own space. Thank God for that...I don't know what it would have been like if that hadn't happened.

Anyways, we spent the first half of the trip in Claremont, a small town about an hour northeast of L.A., with my brother. We stayed at the Chateau Bro, and Ellis really enjoyed hanging out with her Uncle. As is almost always standard in L.A., the weather was perfect and it instantly mellowed us all out. I probably had the hardest time of all releasing my inner New England angst, but after the first day even I had generally relaxed.

For the second half of the trip, we moved into Hollywood...literally. We stayed at the Chateau Marmont, and our friends Robert and Susie (from Texas) joined us there. Talk about the luxury life. Oh, and star spotting galore! Before we even made it out of the car, as we were waiting for the valet, I saw Diana Ross. DIANA ROSS! And then, while I was at the front desk getting our room key, Patrick Dempsey walked by. It sounds so made up now that I write it, but I swear it's all true. By the end of the trip, I had also spotted Eric Dane, Balthazar Getty (Sienna Miller's new beau), Mary Kate or Ashley Olsen (not sure which one), 3 members of Radiohead, Melina Kanakaredes (from CSI NY), and a video shoot involving a topless actress (just weird)! All in all, I'd say it was a successful star spotting trip.

I have a lot of good pictures of Ellis in our room and at my brother's house, but there is no photography allowed at the hotel ( I'm sure you can guess why) so I don't have a lot of pictures of our trip. However, seeing as my internet is still technically out until Thursday, I'll have to wait to post pictures. But I did want to update the blog and hopefully, as soon as Comcast leaves, I'll be able to post update the pics as well. More soon...

Erin

No comments: