Monday, September 22, 2008

NYC and a few other things...

Vimal's birthday gift...not the car, just driving it.
View from the best cafe in Columbus Circle.
Hanging out in Central Park.
At Sarabeth's for brunch with our friend Cairn.
The best gift ever! Our friends Aimee and Ryan bought Ellis this shirt.
It has a picture of Ellis' namesake on it.
Playing in her crib. She's getting so big now!
Love the hair flip after a bath.

Well, first off, I'm sorry that it's taken me so long to post. The last few weeks have been really busy and the time seems to have gotten away from me. My mom is here now, and Ellis is having so much fun with her. Vimal and I were able to go away for a weekend for the first time since January. So, of course, we headed off to one of my favorite cities in the world, New York! For starters, Vimal finally got his 30th birthday present which was to drive 6 super cars for 30 minutes each. The picture is of him in a Lamborghini Murcielago, but he also drove a couple of Ferrari's, a Bentley, a Maserati, and a Mercedes. For those of you that know Vimal, you can imagine that this was the third best day of his life! (You can also probably guess the other two!)

Anyways, after this, we spent the weekend in New York. We had lunch in Columbus Circle, drinks at the Mandarin Oriental, and hung out in Central Park. On Saturday, we had brunch with our friend Cairn who goes to school in New York right now. We had a wonderful time, and it was so nice to remember what it feels like to just be the two of us. But, I think we were both ready to get back home to our little monkey...

Erin

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Love you blog!!!!! Great reading about you guys...

Your baby...PRECIOUS!!!!

The Blackmons said...

Oh my, you made me miss what still feels like home to us! Sarabeth's and drinks at the Mandarin...all great choices! So glad you guys had such a wonderful time!! Happy Birthday Vimal!

Eric Freeman said...

Nice blog. You guys are still awesome I see. Hope everything is good. Don't forget us little people. Love you guys.

Sara Michelle said...

Hey!! Seeing you guys in New York brings back old memories. And that Ellis just makes me smile! She is so so precious . . . reminds me of Aletheia a bit. Maybe it's the hair, except Ellis' is still black and Aletheia's has lightened. Anyway, loved to see the videos. Miss you!