Friday, February 12, 2010

Wintery Indoor Activities

She got these glasses for her birthday as part of a doctor kit. She loves them.
Checking out her glasses in the mirror
Ellis always asks me for the lemon out of my water. I finally decided to give it to her and see what she did with it...
...and this is what she did with it.
Then she made this face...
...went back for more while making this face...
...and finally made this face while devouring the whole wedge, rind and all.
When I asked Ellis why she put these boots on her hands, she told me that her hands were cold. She's always making me laugh out loud.
Apparently, she's very proud of herself for finding a solution to the cold hands problem.
She randomly started playing with this little girl at the indoor playground.
They were carrying on a full conversation with each other and really seemed to understand what the other was saying.
They were pretending to have a store and "selling" food to each other.
Then they decided that working at the store was exhausting and decided to take a nap.
Getting hearts painted on her hand at our church's winter carnival.
She sat perfectly still until her entire hand was covered in hearts.
I LOVE this picture. Such insight into our little girl's personality. She loves music so much that once this band started playing (at our church) she took a seat right in front of them. There was NO ONE else sitting there but she wanted to sit and listen to them play. And she couldn't care less if anyone else joined her. So sweet.
Yes, I am still the TV police but a few months ago we started letting Ellis watch one 30 minute PBS show a day. As a result, she loves "George-a-monkey" so I decided to take her to this special 'Curious George' exhibit at The Children's Museum. Ellis was talking to "the man with the yellow hat" like he was real.
Then she found George and she stood like this with him for about two minutes saying "Hi George."
Then she gave him about 10 hugs.
Kate, Claire and Ellis. Can you tell that Ellis was all done with my photo shoot?
I was shocked that Ellis knew all the Curious George character names. She saw this mural and ran over to it yelling "Charkie, Charkie!" like he was her long lost friend.
In the water room at The Children's Museum, carefully pouring the water into her measuring cup.
Still focusing...
...SUCCESS! (And very proud of herself)

Well, as I'm sure you can tell from these photos, the last few weeks have been a lot of fun here in Boston. We've been having cold but precipitationless (yes, I made up that word) weather so I've been finding indoor things for us to do. I have to admit that I usually hate winter but this one has been so mild and fun that I really can't say that.

We also had the same photographer that took pictures for Ellis' first birthday come back again. I can't wait to get those pictures in hand so that I can post them on here. They really are beautiful. Will post them as soon as I can.

2 comments:

The Blackmons said...

She's just too pretty! Love the new pics. Baker loves lemons too, despite the same funny face. I guess they just can't resist the taste. And not to be surprised, he has those same car slippers! But what's new right? Your children's museum looks so great. Port Discovery is having that same exhibit in Baltimore right now. I really wanted to take Baker to see it but that didn't work out too well!

Sara Michelle said...

So great to see what you guys are up to. Ellis is as beautiful as ever. Holy cow. Your blogs and photo comments always make me laugh out loud . . . like I can hear you saying them. And Aletheia has the same polka dot pajamas.