Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Ellis turns 2!!!

She looked so cute in her party hat...
...for a few seconds
Half the spread
Balloons (Hello Kitty) and food
Birthday cake (carrot) made by our friend Becca
Getting ready to blow out her candle with mommy
She was more interested in all the people singing than she was in blowing out her candle.
All the kids loved playing in her new big girl chair
A few of the guests. I love how it looks like Ellis is "working the room" in this picture.
Ellis talks about Naima constantly. She just adores her little friend.
Emma and her mommy
Ellis helped feed Hudson (One of the 5 month old twins that lives downstairs from us.)
Ellis LOVES Becca (Our downstairs neighbor who found time to make a carrot cake while caring for her 5 month old twins--she's my hero!)
The morning after, and her ACTUAL birthday, with her leftover balloon.
She wore her party hat all morning the next day. Playing with her new toys.
At music class on her birthday. I posted this picture to show off how TALL she is.
Waiting, with mommy, for music class to start.

If you can't tell from these pictures, we decided to throw a small birthday party for Ellis on Sunday and so we invited over some of her friends to our house. I didn't really have a "theme" for it, but I did buy a few Hello Kitty balloons and accessories. It's funny because Ellis doesn't really watch TV so she doesn't know any of the characters but she loved the "kitty cat" on the napkins so I went with that!

Anyways, we had six two year olds running through our house + parents and nothing got broken. I repeat, NOTHING GOT BROKEN! I think this means that it was a successful party. Vimal and I were worried that Ellis would have a hard time letting other kids play with her toys but she did really well. I think that it helped that there were so many people here so she really didn't have time to focus on any one toy being used.

I can say with certainty that Ellis's favorite part was when everyone sang "Happy Birthday" to her. She started grinning from ear to ear. In fact, the next day, she sang "Happy Birthday" to herself for an hour rather than taking her nap! Too funny.

It's really hard for me to accept that my little girl is growing up so fast. I want to hold on to the baby so badly that I find myself in mourning over her latest accomplishments. Weird, I know, but it's still true. Anyways, hope you enjoyed the pictures. I think I'm finally caught up on my postings. Still working on those videos though...

No comments: