Tuesday, February 12, 2008

First Day Alone




Well, I have to admit that yesterday was a day I had been dreading for 3 weeks...my first day caring for Ellis on my own. Vimal had been home the first week and my mom had been here for the 2 weeks after, but yesterday I went it alone. And, in general, I have to say that it went pretty well. Ellis is now to the point where she eats about every three hours (better than every 2!) and so I was able to get some sleep and that helped keep me sane.


Later in the afternoon, I decided to take Ellis to my happiest place on earth...no, not Disneyworld...TARGET! She slept through the whole thing, but I'm sure that deep down inside she had a wonderful time. While there, I bought her a floor gym which she seemed to enjoy this morning, although she only lasted about 5 minutes in it before getting fussy. Anyways, all in all, I'd say it was a good day...though we both missed Vimal very much. Ellis because she loves to poop on him...me because I love when he changes her dirty diapers so I don't have to.


More later...



Erin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Erin! I have to tell you, you will come to LOVE the time that your little one can spend entertaining herself at the floor gym. We are at 5 1/2 months now, though, so we are moving up to the exer-saucer.

Nice to see you guys! Where's Vimal? :)

blessings,
Eli

Anonymous said...

Hey! I am so excited for you! She is beautiful!

Leah

The Blackmons said...

Yeah!! You survived the day alone! We're in this together girl. Brad is actually away on business this week so now you can really feel sorry for me! :o) By the way, we have the same floor gym...cute isn't it? Nicole