Sunday, February 17, 2008

Porky the Pig

Look at those chins!

Relaxing after a bath/hair wash
Daddy's little football...I mean girl
Kissy Face

Yesterday I took Ellis to the pediatrician for her four week appointment. My whole family had made guesses as to what her weight might be at this point and we were all assuming that it would be around 7 and 1/2 pounds. So, you can imagine how shocked I was when the nurse put her on the scale and said, "8 pounds, 10 ounces." I just looked at the nurse like she was nuts and made her repeat it twice again. I still can't believe that Ellis is well over 8 pounds now...though as I looked at her after leaving the doctor's office I noticed her double chin and wrist rolls for the first time. I'm so proud! Now, if we could just get her to spread out her feeding so that we're not up half the night, I think I will be able to get some sanity back.



On a completely different note, I've posted a picture of Ellis right after she got her hair washed--as you can see, SHE LOVES IT! It completely relaxes her and she falls asleep almost every time. And she also seems to love daddy's football hold and making kissy faces. She's growing so much...in all directions!



More later...












3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I can't believe the little round face is even rounder! I miss her face SO much. She looks great in purple. No, Ellis looks great in everything! Love, Nonna x/o

The Blackmons said...

Hey, I recognize that Medela sanitizing bag in the background of the pic where Vimal is holding Ellis like a football! Oh, those good 'ole pumping days!

Anonymous said...

and then after her bath,
we lay her in the dish rack to dry!
P.S. nonna's right she does look great in purple!
more purple on the way!!! girl needs a purple party dress!
Dd