Friday, April 3, 2009

Troublemaker

"I mean, really, do I look like I cause trouble?"
Reason #552 why I, once again, won't be winning "Mommy of the Year" this year.
Reason #553
"Veggie Booty is GOOOOOOOOD!"
Standing independently.
This is when she took her first step. Okay, it was more like a shuffle but I'm counting it.
Lecturing Jack and Punky about something.
Kissing and making up after her reprimand.

This past week has been a roller coaster ride! Ellis has decided to throw all of her food off the highchair before she even eats one bite. Then, when we try to feed her she starts crying hysterically like we are torturing her. It's been rough trying to get food in this girl before but never like this. I even took her to the pediatrician today because I figured she had to have an ear infection or be getting her molars. But, no, neither one! I think it's just our entering into the independent phase. Great, should be a blast.

Anyways, after she had worked herself up so much at lunch that she threw up everything I had force fed her (fun, really fun), I gave her some Veggie Booty and she was thrilled. She carried the bag around the living room and even stood up in the middle of the room without holding onto anything. As I went to get the camera to photograph her standing independently, she shuffled towards me, taking what I am deeming her "first step". Yay! But, as I said earlier, roller coaster ride!

Hopefully I'll get a video of her "shuffling" soon and when I do I'll post it on here. And hopefully she'll start eating again soon. We shall see.

2 comments:

Pop said...

I'm glad to see she still loves Jack. He told me when I bought him he'd take good care of her.
Love to my beautiful little ellis!

Pop

The Blackmons said...

Oh girl, I feel your pain in this feeding stage. Baker's been doing this for some time now...I'd say off and on for about 2 months, literally the minute we put him in his high chair some days. But some feedings are perfectly normal. I'm sure Ellis will be the same. We just have to hang on through this independence stage...fun, fun! The new pics of her are really cute. Congrats on the shuffling! :)