Thursday, April 24, 2008

Time to Play

Looking a little like Pope John Paul II
Now she's getting the hang of it
"Hey, I could do this all day."
Play gym timeShe's running in this pic, as you can see from the blurred foot

This week we bought Ellis a Bumbo chair which she is starting to love. At first, as you can see from the pictures, she couldn't hold her head upright, and Vimal and I thought she resembled Pope John Paul II. We have to be the meanest parents in the world because we laughed about that one for awhile. But, she seems to have gotten the hang of it and is doing a lot bettter now. And this morning I got out her play gym, which I hadn't used in a while, and she went to town. I'm posting a video of her running and playing in her gym. She gets pretty excited. And, speaking of playing, Vimal has agreed to watch Ellis for a whole 48 hours so that I can go to NYC with my friend Susie. So, all weekend long it's going to be Daddy/Daughter time! I'm sure they'll have a blast together. I'm also sure that I'll miss them both terribly, but I'm still excited to have a little vacation! Enjoy the video...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Erin, I came across the email with the blog spot. She is adorable.
I loved all the updates. I know just what you mean with all the joys and sleeplessness and sheer love that you expressed. Children are wonderful.
Jake is now 3 and I still embracing every moment I can. Today was bubble chasing in the yard and it was so fun to see that little uncordinated run and huge grin. Nothing can compare with that.

Well, just wanted to say hello and let you know I rejoice with you and Vimal.

LeMoyne Runquist
zrunquist@onthego.org