Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Some Milestones...

She's started smiling!
My birthday luncheon with my writing class
Everyone wants to hold her, of course!
Drool
Go Duke...Daddy and Mini-Me watch the game



Today, Ellis turns 2 months old! And the last week has been filled with some very big moments in our lives.

1. I turned 30, and the wonderful women in my writing class had a luncheon for me. It was so nice to get out and feel like a girl again...wearing a dress, sipping wine, talking about books, and eating decadent food cooked by a fantastic chef, Sarah Bollinger. Of course, Ellis was the hit of the luncheon which meant that I had my hands free all afternoon.

2. Vimal and I left Ellis with her first babysitter, Joanna. They seemed to have a great time, and Vimal and I had a wonderful dinner at The Top of the Hub in downtown. I had always wanted to go there for dinner but hadn't ever had the excuse to splurge for it, so my thirtieth birthday provided the perfect excuse. And when we got home, Ellis was smiling and happy. Joanna later told me that she sang to her the whole time...guess I better start polishing up my song list.

3. Ellis began sleeping in her crib! For the past two nights, she has slept all night in her crib. She still wakes up around 4 a.m. to eat, but then she goes right back to sleep and right back in her crib. In fact, I'm pretty sure that I had a harder time with the transition from her bassinet to her crib than she did. She's already trying to leave us!

Anyways, the last two months have been a wonderful blur, and I can't wait to see what changes the next two will bring.

Erin

No comments: