Sunday, March 2, 2008

Six Weeks...Already!

Aerial View
Grumpy Sleeper
For one minute, she liked tummy time...
Then, she started to complain...
Then, she gave me this look so I picked her up!

Last week was a little rough! Ellis had her one month check-up, which really took place when she was almost 6 weeks old. Disappointingly, she had lost one ounce since her appointment the week before and I was crushed! When we told the doctor some of our concerns with her spit-up/food intake, etc., we were sent to Children's Hospital for an ultrasound of her abdomen to make sure that nothing was blocking her intestines. It was awful having to hold Ellis while she screamed her head off so we could get the ultrasound, but luckily the doctors didn't find anything abnormal and Ellis seems to be eating/digesting better. We have another weight-check appointment on Wednesday, so I'm really hoping/praying that it goes well and that she's put back on that ounce, plus more!


On a lighter note, I really think that the 3 of us have gotten into a rhythm lately. The past two nights, Ellis has slept one 5-hour block so we are crossing our fingers that she will keep it up. We are, of course, trying to stuff her during the day so that she still gets enough food since she's eating less at night.


Okay, I'll post more after her next appointment...hopefully with good news of weight gain!


Erin

3 comments:

The Blackmons said...

Sorry to hear about your rough week! I know that had to be hard. I love the new pics of her on her tummy...she's such a doll! The sleeping thing sounds like a winner, 5 hours! Good job. Are you guys doing the Baby Wise book? We are so Baker's bedtime is 11 and he is going to about 4, but tries to get up earlier by grunting the little bugger! We hold him off though. He did one stretch last week from 11-6!! Oh I wish he'd do that again. Overall though, his sleep is so eratic. Sometimes he wakes up at 2:30 but on average its 4. What about Ellis? Is her sleep sched all over the place? Oh, and our day out yest was great! I can't believe our doctors have given us two totally different responses...I like yours better! :o)

Anonymous said...

Okay, she's gotten TOO cute now! I'll have to call the police, because she's breaking the law. She really looks like her mommy in "Grumpy Sleeper", or any of the grumpy photos. But she looks like her daddy in the other photos. (Just kidding Erin.) I miss all of you. Love, Nonna x/o

Anonymous said...

She is just adorable. I can't wait until I get to hold my beautiful little niece. Love Auntie Asha

P.S. The picture where she is smiling is so cute.