Sunday, October 12, 2008

Crawling, Clapping, and Splashing

Ellis was laughing and shaking the scale like it was a ride. So funny! Still having a blast on the scale. She's fully supporting herself on her legs and pulling up by herself...OH NO! Not the best resolution pic, but I like the way she's laughing at me. Well, Ellis is officially crawling and, for the life of me, I can't figure out why I wanted her to be able to. Life has certainly gotten more hectic. I can't turn around from her to type an email or dash into the other room because she is never where I last left her. But, she loves the mobility, so I know it's a good thing. Anyways, the pictures are from her nine month doctor's appointment. She weighed in at 16lbs, 8ozs (23rd percentile) and was 29 inches long (80th percentile). The pediatrician is happy with her growth and development. She is always the happiest baby in the pediatrician's office (probably because it's a well visit and she isn't sick) and all the nurses love to play with her...until the shots come. Luckily at nine months there are no vaccines, but she did have to have a flu shot so that part wasn't any fun.


This video is from a class we take every week called "Sign and Sing". You can probably guess what the point of the class is. Ellis has started clapping when she gets excited and after the song is over she starts clapping. I think it's adorable. And, if you are wondering why she's sitting on the other side of the room, it's because she crawled over there by herself.

This is a video of Ellis splashing in her tub. I moved her little tub into the big bathtub just in time. This video is only 50 seconds long, but she splashed around for about 10 minutes before tiring of it.

No comments: