Sunday, October 26, 2008

Where has the time gone?

Dressed up in her Halloween wear. I can't wait until Friday when I get to put her in her real costume.
"This part is a little confusing, but I'll figure it out."
"Don't worry mommy, I'll do the calculations here and then you're guaranteed an A in Chemistry."
I mean, seriously, could this face be any better?
We call this winter look "the pink marshmallow girl."

Today Vimal and I switched out our summer clothes for our winter ones. For those of you who don't live in a condo, or in the northeast for that matter, it's a bi-annual tradition that I loathe. Twice a year we go through our seasonal clothing and put the last season's clothes in the basement and bring up our clothes for the season to come. I hate it because it's time consuming and always manages to eat up an entire weekend day. Anyways, this time I found a lot of my maternity clothes from last winter in my box of "winter wear" and it made me realize how fast the time has gone. Ellis is nine months old now. She's changing everyday. And I don't want her to! Right now I'm her hero. She smiles or laughs when I come into the room. I mean, what teenager that you know does that? None. That's your answer. So, today I slowly put my summer clothes in the box. And where before I might have wished for the cold and dreary Boston winter to pass so that I could get back to summer, I don't this time. Because the next time I switch out my winter clothes for my summer ones, Ellis will be even older. And I don't want to wish away even a day of her life...

1 comment:

The_Wilsons said...

I feel you, Erin. Robert is 5 1/2 months old and I swear he was just born. He is almost sitting up on his own! And I am not ready for him to crawl, or have teeth. Can't wait to see you all in December!