Monday, March 9, 2009

Playing, Hiking and Strumming

Playing under the big umbrella at Together in Motion
"Man it's really hard work holding this whole thing up on my own."
Sticking her tongue out at mommy
Inside the barrel with Claire
"Hey Claire, why don't you get out of here and let me play alone."
First hike around Fresh pond. She loved it and barked at dogs the whole time.
Maybe it will just be a hobby?!? Not sure how I feel about this one.

As you can tell from all my recent posts, Ellis and I have quite a few indoor play spots that we go to throughout the week. In this group of photos there are some pictures of Together in Motion, an indoor playground just five minutes from our house. We usually go there on Tuesdays, when they have infant hours and only kids from 0 to 2 are able to come. It's nice because she can crawl and play and basically I don't have to worry about her getting hurt. But, last weekend was so beautiful outside that we didn't have to worry about which indoor playspace to go to. As you can probably tell from the backpack picture, we were able to get out of the house and enjoy hiking around a pond near our house. There were so many doggies there that Ellis had a blast pointing them out and barking at them. The last picture is of Ellis strumming the guitar pillow that my friend Susie got Ellis for her first birthday. While I was in the other room I heard Vimal say, "Okay Ellis, just don't tell mommy." I knew instantly to go in her room and this picture is what I found. It's kind of a joke in our family that Ellis will end up playing the guitar, since both my brother and dad play professionally. I also say that I hope it's just a hobby with her, since I know first hand what the life of a musician entails.

2 comments:

The Blackmons said...

I'm so jealous of all the places you have around you that are indoors. What a great thing for Ellis. I wish we had so many choices without having to pay a fortune in membership fees!

Pop said...

Ah the guitar! It must be genetic.
What a beautiful little musician!

Love,
Pop